Social bookmarking is a trend that has made a name for itself over the past few years. It has proved important to students, employees and professionals across the globe. Numerous social bookmarking tools– Diigo, Delicious, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, etc.— have popped up on the Web, and made it easy for people to share information in a way that Facebook and social media sites do not make as easy.
Here’s a list of 5 ways students, professionals and others can use social bookmarking sites:
1. Groups projects are easier and move along at a faster pace when all group members have access to the required material. Groups can create an account that all members have access and contribute to.
2. Professional organizations, such as the Florida Public Relations Association, can disseminate information on internship and job opportunities, professional development programs, chapter updates, blogs and other sites using social bookmarking sites.
3. I am sure I am not the only one in the world who has a long list of bookmarks saved to a browser, which makes it extremely hard to find what I am looking for when I need it. Many social bookmarking sites allow users to create lists, which saves time and energy in the end.
4. Social bookmarking sites and accounts can be accessed from any computer or laptop connected to the Internet, so there is no need to fret about digging for an important source all over again if you are on the go or working from a location other than your office.
5. Businesses can share links to all of their sites, social media accounts, and information relating to their products and services with clients and customers, in one place. This will also help build companies’ reputations and establish them as experts on their particular areas of focus.
Do you have a social bookmarking site account? What do you, or what would you, use it for? What are some other benefits of using social bookmarking sites?